Choosing hospice does not mean giving up.
It means choosing comfort and qualify of life.
We provide hospice care when curative treatment is no longer effective or desirable and does not add to the patient’s quality of life. The wishes of the patient guide the team.
- Our emphasis is on pain control and symptom management
- Our goal is to preserve patients’ dignity and insure their comfort
- We are on-call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Referrals can be made by patients, physicians, family members or friends
Community Hospices provides comprehensive comfort care services including:
- Physical care – pain control, symptom management personal care
- Emotional and spiritual support – finding meaning in one’s life, assisting in final financial decisions, support in saying goodbye to loved ones
- Medical equipment, medications and supplies – whatever is required to provide comfort and manage symptoms for the patient’s hospice-related illness
- Grief support – for family members, friends and others experiencing a loss
- Trained volunteers – offering companionship, a helping hand, a listening ear, help with household chores, a break for family caregivers
Community Hospices provides hospice care for patients where they live
- in private residences
- in long-term care facilities/nursing homes
- in assisted living facilities
- in group homes
- wherever the patient calls home in our Inpatient Hospice Unit at 3720 Upton St., N.W., Washington, D.C., we provide symptom management services
- in area hospitals we consult with medical staff on care plans for patients who choose hospice care
Community Hospices provides a comprehensive grief support program for family members, friends and others experiencing a loss. Explore our Bereavement Program.
We serve residents of Montgomery and Prince Georges Counties in Maryland and in the District of Columbia.
Call our toll free number, 1-866-234-7742 for Admissions or Referrals.