Talking to patients and families about end-of-life decisions can be challenging.
We are Here to Help
Community Hospices Intake Coordinators can assist you with your discharge planning needs and meet the needs of your patients and families by scheduling a Nurse Liaison to:
- Evaluate the appropriateness of a patient for hospice services prior to discharge
- Present the hospice benefit to patients and families
- Assist in the discharge planning and coordinate home medical equipment, oxygen, and medications required for a prompt discharge
- Start hospice services in the home setting within 24 hours of referral (in most instances)
- Transfer the patient to an inpatient hospice facility if pain and symptom management is required
Community Hospices or Traditional Home Health?
How to Choose?
Home health agencies do a good job at managing the skilled needs of patients. Patients with a terminal prognosis, however, require more services than traditional home health can provide. We encourage you to compare the benefits.